Do you need volunteers?
Last year Swale Volunteer Centre referred 623 volunteers to a range of organisations including Kent Police, Kent Fire & Rescue, Hospitals, Youth Clubs, Libraries, Children’s Centres and Conservation groups.
“It was great to work with the Kent Fire & Rescue Service on their pilot scheme for community engagement volunteering. It proved a great success with the programme now, having been adapted, rolled out across the whole of Kent”
If you are an organisation or charity looking to recruit volunteers, then the Volunteer Centre team are here to help you. We can promote opportunities on your behalf by:
- Uploading the opportunities to the national volunteering website, www.do-it.org.uk
- Interviewing prospective volunteers
- Placing articles in our twice weekly e-bulletins
- Raising awareness through ‘in house’ window displays and display boards at local voluntary events and career fairs
- Via our Twitter account
If you would like to register a volunteering opportunity with us then please click here to download the volunteering opportunity registration form.
We provide support for organisations in managing volunteers by:
- Providing, if needed, volunteer management training
- An information booklet for voluntary organisations and community groups
- Assistance with writing volunteer policies
- Helping to develop opportunities.
INVESTING IN VOLUNTEERS
Are you interested in quality accreditation?
Investing in Volunteers is the national quality accreditation, approved by NCVO, for all organisations which involve volunteers and provide an opportunity to measure current performance, identify gaps and develop existing work by ensuring good volunteer management. The standard is based on three main areas of volunteer management:
- Planning for volunteer involvement
- Recruiting and matching volunteers
- Supporting and retaining volunteers
Over 750 organisations across the UK have achieved the Investing in Volunteers standard and being a nationally recognised quality mark, it is looked upon favourably by possible funders and commissioners of services.
Our Volunteer Centre Manager, Julia Watling, has recently been certified as an Investing in Volunteers advisor – currently one of only 15 in the country – and will be on hand to guide you through the process once registered or provide further details if interested.
If you wish to register your interest in completing the accreditation then please go to website www.investinginvolunteers.org.uk
If you want to find out more contact Julia Watling on 01795 473828 or email firstname.lastname@example.org